STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The essence of Coach Mahr’s purpose, mission,
vision and approach.
“Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.”
Coach Mahr takes his mission from Luke 12:48, “Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.” The better we understand what has been entrusted to us, the better we give in a way that develops others and ourselves. It is in recognizing the talents we have received and from Whom that we find our most profound identity, and it is in giving that we experience our most sincere mission.
Coach is grateful for many blessings - good genes, a loving supportive family, positive experiences of mentors and role models. He understands that with these godsends come expectations to be a blessing to others.
Coach recognizes that he is in his Final 1/3 with the focus to build up others; fostering ‘eulogy virtues’ as opposed to ‘resume virtues.’ He was wired to be a Coach - it has been his passion, not his profession – it is now his repurposing, not his retirement.
R E J O I C E A N D G O D S P E E D
Coach’s Guiding Principles
- Faith and the presence of the Holy Trinity are woven within the fabric of life.
- Lead a principle-centered life rooted on integrity and service.
- The importance of family and relationships, to love others.
- Accountability and the power of choice to take responsibility to fulfill God’s plan.
- Meet people where they are in life, take the message to them – figuratively and literally.
- A focus on Being and not Doing.
- Set goals, develop the strategies, and commit to compete to achieve them.
- ‘Green to Tee’ thinking, looking back from a desired result.
- Simple, salt of the earth advice, which doesn’t require a theology degree.
- Create a visual or sticky point as a takeaway.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
I do not have a Valentine’s Day blog in my 220+ posts over these past seven years. That might be […]
I have been a proponent of the One Word concept for over 10 years. Some of my words have been […]